Dr. Ibrahim Aloqily, Associate Prof
Ibrahim Al-Oqily is an associate professor in the faculty of Engineering and Architecture (CoEA), Computer Engineering Department (CED). Previously was in the Faculty of Prince Al-Hussein Bin Abdallah II For Information Technology. He obtained his BS in Computer science, Mu‟ta University, Alkarak, Jordan, 1989-1993 (Excellent). He got his MSc. In computer science, Jordan University, Amman, Jordan, 2001-2003 (Very Good) and his PHD. In computer science, Ottawa university, Ottawa, ON, Canada, 2004 – July 2008. He has three years vice dean of the IT faculty, chairman of computer information systems department, chairman of software engineering department, and chairman of computer science department. 10 years of professional experience in teaching university level courses, five years of professional experience in teaching computer software, and four years professional experience in application development testing and system analyst. Aloqily is an IEEE senior member and an active IEEE member since 2005. He is the co-founder of the Jordanian programming association and the YU-IEEE student branch.
Areas of Expertise
- Autonomic computing
- Overlay networks
- Ad-hoc Networks
- Parallel and distributed computing
- Cloud computing
- Social Networks
- A.Al-Jaber and I.Aloqily, "High Quality Steganography Model with Attacks Detection," Information Technology Journal, vol. 2, iss. 2, 2003
- Al-Oqily, A. Karmouch, “Towards Automating Overlay Networks Management”, Journal of Network and Computer Applications (Elsevier), Journal of Network and Computer Applications 32 (2009),pp. 461-473, DOI information: 10.1016/j.jnca.2008.02.013.
- Ibrahim Al-Oqily and Ahmed 2011. A Decentralized Self- Organizing Service Composition for Autonomic Entities. ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems 6, 1, Article 7 (February 2011), 18 pages.
- Jawdat Alshaer, Ibrahim Al-Oqily, Sulieman Bani-Ahmad, and Adnan Alrabee, "Multicore Parallel Loosely Coupled Framework For Processing Mobile Objects," Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, pp 057 – 064, Vol 34. No. 1 – 2011
- I. Al-oqily, A. Alshtnawi, K.M. Al-Aubidy, and M. Al-Refai, "Autonomic Multimedia Delivery Services Self-Configuration," TRANSACTIONS ON Systems, Signals and Devices, Issues on Communication & Signal Processing,Shaker Verlag, Germany, ISSN: 1861-5252, Vol. 6, No. 3, 2011.
- Shah.S, Ilyas.M, and Mouftah.H, Pervasive Communications Handbook, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group. 2012. ISBN 978-1-4200-5109-4. Book chapter (4): J.Alkaraki, and I. Al-Oqily, "On the Quality of Service Routing in Mobile Ad hoc Networks".
- Al-Oqily, I, Subaih, B., Bani-Mohammad, S., Alshaer, J. J., & Refai, M. (2012). Autonomic Healing for Service Specific Overlay Networks. International Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering (IJITWE), 7(2), 46-59, 2012 doi:10.4018/jitwe.2012040104
- Al-Oqily, I, Alkhatib, G., Al-Khasawneh, A. and Alian, M. ‘Social networks impact: the case of Jordan youth’, Int. J. Continuing Engineering Education and Life-Long Learning, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp.100–114, 2013.
- Mohammed Refai ; Ibrahim AL-Oqily ; Abed Alhamori, "Leader Election Algorithm in 3D Torus Networks with the Presence of One Link Failure," World of Computer Science and Information Technology Journal, Vol:2, Issu:2, 90-97, 2012.
- A.Alsarhan, E.E.Abdallah, I.Al-Oqily, and A.E.Abdallah, "An Economic Model for Resource Adaptation in 2D Mesh Multicomputer Networks," International Journal of Computers and Their Applications (IJCA), Vol. 20, No. 1, March 2013.
- Al-Oqily, I, Al-Aubidy, K., Alshtnawi, A. and Sarayrah, K. (2014)" An Efficient Media Ports Resource Discovery For Service Networks", International Journal of Business Information Systems
- K.T.Al-Sarayreh, I.Al-Oqily, and K.Meridji, "A Standard-Based Reference Framework for System Operations Requirements," Int. J. Computer Applications in Technology, accepted 26/2/2013.
- Al-Oqily, A. Karmouch, “SORD: a Fault-Resilient Semantic Overlay for MediaPorts Resource Discovery,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1112-1125, August, 2009.
- L. Al-Matarneh, A. Sheta, S. Bani-Ahmad, J.Alshaer, and I.Al-oqily, "Development of Temperature-based Weather Forecasting Models Using Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic," International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering (IJMUE), Vol. 9, No. 12, pp. 343-366, 2014.
- E.E.Abdallah, I.Al-Oqily, A.E.Abdallah, A.Alsarhan, A.F.Otoom, " Spectral Graph and Minimal Spanning Tree for 3D Polygonal Meshes Fingerprinting," International Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering (IJITWE), Vol 1, No.1, 2015.
- A.E.Abdallah, M.Bsoul, E.E.Abdallah, I.Al–Oqily, George Kao, "Cluster Based online routing protocols for ad hoc network", International Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering (IJITWE), Vol 1, No.1, 2015.
- I.Smadi, H.Najadat, I.Al-Oqily, "Evaluating The Importance Of The Weight Factors In Dea Optimization", International Journal of Data Science, inderscience, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2015.
- Mohammed Refai , Khalid Alkheder and Ibrahim Aloqaily,” Leader Election Algorithm in the Honeycomb Torus Networks,” Journal of Engineering Technology, Volume 5, Issue 1, pp.72-92, January 2016.
- I. Al-Oqily, A. Karmouch, "Automating Overlay Networks Management," aina, pp. 386-393, 21st International Conference` on Advanced Networking and Applications (AINA '07), May, 2007.
- I. Al-Oqily, A. Karmouch, “A Lightweight Semantic Overlay Resource Discovery”, the 14th IEEE International Conference On Telecommunications (ICT-MICC’07), May, 2007.
- I Al-Oqily, A. Karmouch, “Policy-Based Context-Aware Overlay Networks”, IEEE Global Information infrastructure symposia (GIIS’07). July, 2007.
- I. Al-Oqily, A. Karmouch, “Towards an Autonomic Management for Service Specific Overlay Networks”, 5th IEEE Latin American Network Operations and Management Symposium (LANOMS’07), Sep. 2007.
- I. Al-Oqily, A. Karmouch, “An Autonomic Service Architecture for Service Specific Overlay Networks,” 2008 IFIP Conference on Wireless Sensors and Actor Networks (WSAN 08).
- I.Al-Oqily, A. Alshtnawi , K.M. Al-Aubidy, " Towards Self-Configurable Overlay Networks", 8th IEEE International Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals & Devices, sousse, tunisia, pp. 1-6, March, 2011.
- M.Refai and I.AL-Oqily,"Dynamic Solution For Leader Failure In Hypercube Network," Proc. of the International Science and Technology Conference (ISTEC), Istanbul, 7-9 December 2011.
- Al-oqily, I; Subaih, B.; Bani-Mohammad, S.; Alshaer, J.J.; , "A survey for self- healing architectures and algorithms," Systems, Signals and Devices (SSD), 2012 9th International Multi-Conference on , Chemnitz, Germany, pp.1-5, 20- 23 March 2012.
- Khalid T. Al-Sarayreh, Ibrahim Al-Oqily, and Kenza Meridji, "A Standard Based Reference Framework for System Adaptation and Installation Requirements" 6th IEEE International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies (NGMAST2012), Paris, France, pp. 7- 12, 12-14 Sept. 2012.
- I.Al-oqily, J.Alshaer, B.Subaih, S.Bani-Ahmad, "E-learning through Social Networks and Cloud Computing," procceding of the First International Conference on E-Learning and Blended Education as a Strategic Choice for Arab Universities (ICELBE), Amman, Jordan, November 13-15, 2012.
- I.Al-Oqily, M.Alzboon, and H.Al-Shemery, And A.Alsarhan, " Towards Autonomic Overlay Self-Load Balancing ", 10th IEEE International Multi- Conference on Systems, Signals & Devices, Hammamet, Tunisia, March, 2013.
- I.Al-Oqily, M.Al-Shamaileh, and S.Oqeili "An Architecture for Social Ad-Hoc Networks," Proc. of the 2013 IEEE Jordan Conference on Applied Electrical Engineering and Computing Technologies (AEECT), Amman, Jordan, 3-5 December, 2013.
- May 2008, IEEE student Award, NOMS conference, Brazil
- March 2010, the honor prize for the best paper in 2009, the ministry of higher education and research, Jordan
- May 2011, the first prize of the 4th national technology parade, Philadelphia University,
- May 2012, the first prize of the 5th national technology parade, Hashemite University,
- Participate in the preparation of the draft " National Information Security", which aims to raise awareness about the importance of information security in Jordan at various levels, starting from schools and ending in private companies and banks, it also designed to raise the level of protection of workers in information technology and to research and prepare trained personnel to raise the level of protection in national
- Main researcher for the project "Seamless Mobility Management of Users and Services over Heterogeneous Networks" funded by the Hashemite University. End date Jun, 2012.
- Design and Implementation of Water Distribution System for Pipeline Monitoring and Protection in Jordan, funded by the Hashemite University. End date Sept, 2012
- Mobility Tracking and Prediction Using Data Mining Patterns in the Hashemite University Campus, funded by the Hashemite University. End date Sept, 2012
- Participated in the Tempus project "Reorient University Curricula to Address Sustainability (RUCAS) (511118-TEMPUS-1-2010-1-GR-TEMPUS- JPCR) ".
- Participated in the Tempus project " Development of an Interdisciplinary Program on Climate Change and Sustainability Policy (CLIMASP) (543879-TEMPUS-1-2013- 1-GR-TEMPUS-JPCR) ", Ends 2016
CIS 202: Data Structures
CIS 351: Client Server programming
- Management Of Technology And Innovation
- Introduction To Database Systems
- Database Programming For The World Wide Web
- IT For Managers
- Programming Fundamentals I
- Programming Fundamentals II
- Data Structures
- Client Server Programming
- Computer Networks
- Data Communications
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Chairman of Computer Engineering Department, Al Yamamah University, September 2018- present
- Founder of YU IEEE student branch
- Associate Prof. of Computer Science, Al Yamamah University, Riyadh.
- Vice-Dean of IT faculty, Hashemite University, Jordan.
- Chairman of Computer Science Department, Hashemite University, Jordan.
- Chairman of Computer Information Systems Department, Hashemite University, Jordan.
- Chairman of Software Engineering Department, Hashemite University, Jordan.
- President and founder of Jordanian programmers Association, Amman, Jordan.
- IEEE Senior Member, Active since 2005. IEEE Computer Chapter Chair.
- Organizing committee member, Program committee member of many IEEE conferences
- Editor of many IEEE conferences
- IEEE Jordan Section Young Professionals (YP) Chair
- Head of the steering committee for Jordanian Collegiate Programming Contest (JCPC)