Dr. Maya Khather
Coordinator of Law Department / Associate Professor of Law
- Maya has a PhD in Public International Law from Damascus University in 2011.
- Prior to that, she worked as a Lecturer at the Collage of International Relations and Diplomatic Sciences at Al-Kalamoon University in Syria.
- After that, she worked as an Assistant Professor at the College of law at Dar Al Uloom University for a period of six years.
- Then she joined Al-Yamamah University in 2017, where she was promoted to an Associate Professor by a decision of King Saud University in 2019, based on her publication of research papers, participation in international conferences, and community services.
- The New Terrorist Crimes and the Means to Combat it (published in Egypt, 2019).
- The War against Terrorism in the Light of International Law (published in Prince Naif University, Riyadh, 2015).
- The Legality of the Israel Separation Wall in the Light of the Advisory Opinion of the International Court of Justice (unpublished, 2005).
- The Single Economic Sanctions in International Relations (unpublished, 2004).
2- Selected Journal Articles
- Legal Dimensions of the Crime of Trafficking in Children (The Journal of the Iraqi University, 2018).
- Money Laundering and the Means to counterfeit it (Arab Journal of Sciences and Research Publishing, 2018).
- Nuclear Terrorism and Ways to Combat it at the International Level (Egypt Contemporary Journal, 2017).
- Organized Crime, and the Ways to Combat it (The Journal of Damascus University for Legal& Economic Sciences, 2011).
- International Protection for Children Affected by Armed Conflicts (under publishing).
- The Legal Framework of the Crime of Cyber Terrorism (Arab Journal of Sciences and Research Publishing, 2018).
- The Legal Framework of the Crime of Piracy (The Journal of Damascus University for Legal& Economic Sciences, 2011).
- The Protection of Human Rights in an Era of Coronavirus (under publishing)
- The Roots of Terrorism and the Saudi Efforts to Combat it (The Journal of Al- Nasser University, 2017).
- Public International Law.
- Human Rights.
- International Criminal Law.
- Combating International Terrorism.
Participating in the following Conference:
- "Narratives of Power and Empowerment", Tunisia.
- "The Role of Social Media in the Enhancing of Intellectual Security", Saudi Electronic University.
Attending the following Conferences:
- The Role of Engineering in Economic Transformation and Sustainable Development.
- International Conference of Higher Education.
- Measurement and Evaluation in Higher Education.
- The New Arbitration System and its Impact on Investment in the Kingdom.
- Principles of First Aid.
- Introduction to Law.
- Public International Law.
- International Organizations.
- Human Rights.
- International Law of the Sea.
- Private International Law.
- Criminology & Penology.
- Administrative Law.
- Administrative Judiciary.
- Sports Law.
Committee and Administrative Experience in University
- Assistant of the Dean of the Law Collage for Post Graduate Students.
- Membership in the following Committees in YU:
College Council, Department Council, Annual Collage Report, Representative for Public Law Department, Quality Representative, the Scientific & Organizing Committee of Al Yamamah Legal Forum 2020, and supervising the participants in both the Arbitration and the Student Pleading Competitions 2020.
- Assistant of the Dean of the Law Collage in DAU.
- Vice Dean of Admission and Student Affairs in DAU.
Awards and Honors Certificates
- The Director of YU for the active participation in the work of the Scientific Committee of the Al-Yamamah University Law Forum.
- The Collage of Law at YU for the active participation in the organizing of the competition of “moot court”.
- The Student Affairs at DAU for the participation in charity activities.
- The Exam’s Committee at DAU.
- The Director of DAU for the efforts to obtain French Academic Accreditation.
- Law Club at DAU for the efforts in the conferences: “Protection of Children from Sexual Harassment", and “Arab Human Rights Day”.
- The Human Rights Commission for the participation in the Arab Human Rights Day.
- The Student Support Center at DAU for the active participation in the workshop of “My Academic Advisor Determines My Way”.