Dr. Nadia Salama
Assistant Professor of Law
Dr. Nadia Salama is an assistant professor who is specialized in ADR, international commercial arbitration, commercial law, civil and commercial procedural law, international business law and civil law.
Dr. Nadia received her PhD degree in 2016 from the University of Manchester in international commercial arbitration. She has completed her LLM degree from the same University in international business law in 2009 and her LLB in Law from the University of Alexandria in 2008.
She has worked as a faculty member/academic in law at multiple universities in the GCC and Egypt. She has also acted as a part-time legal counsel in KSA along her academic career. She has held multiple administrative positions throughout her academic career.
Dr. Nadia’s research focuses mainly on international commercial arbitration and business law.
‘Separability and the Consent Test’ presented at the University of Manchester Postgraduate Law Annual Conference, October 2013.
‘The Interpretation of International Commercial Arbitration Agreements’ presented at the Annual International Conference of the Athens Institute for Education and Research, July 2014.
- Commercial Law
- Capital Market Law
- Commercial Contracts
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Corporate Law – Sources of Obligations
- Legal Effects of Obligations
- Civil Evidence
- Bankruptcy Law
- Negotiable Instruments Law
- Rights in Rem
- Civil Procedures Law.
- Head of Private Law Department at the College of Law in UBT (Jeddah, KSA) (2018-2019)
- Research Fellow at the Deanship of Scientific Research in UBT (Jeddah, KSA) (2019-2020)
- Research Operational Supervisor at the Deanship of Scientific Research in UBT (Jeddah, KSA) (2019-2020)
- Director of the International Relations Department at the Deanship of Scientific Research in UBT (Jeddah, KSA) (2019-2020)
- Chairperson of the Library and Book Committee at the College of Law in PSU (Riyadh, KSA) (2020-2021)
- Member of the Media Committee at the College of Law in PSU (Riyadh, KSA) (2020-2021)
- Member of the Strategic Planning Committee at the College of Law in PSU (Riyadh, KSA) (2020-2021)
- Legal Consultant at the Legal Affairs Department of UBT (Jeddah, KSA) (2018-2020).
- Private Tutor at Manchester Tutors (Manchester, UK) (2015-present).
- Provides pro bono legal services in the GCC and Egypt to families and individuals with low income.
- Willing to volunteer in any community service project inside KSA or internationally, especially for the following causes: women’s rights – environment protection – global warming – green project – animals rights – humans rights.