Ruba Hamad, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Accounting
Dr Ruba is an Assistant Professor in the College of Business at Al Yamamah University. She has recently awarded her PhD in Accountancy from Portsmouth University, UK. She achieved her MBA-Accounting from Jordan University. Prior to that, she was granted a Bachelor degree in Accounting Information System with first-class honours from Jordan University.
Despite her concentration on research, Dr Ruba has the chance to contribute in terms of teaching and management. She approaches her teaching with enthusiasm, committing to high-quality teaching. Therefore, she held the positions of lecturer in the accounting department at Prince Sultan University, lecturer and professional trainer at Germany University, Jordan, and lecturer and trainer for personal skills, leadership skills, and projects management at Jordan University / Injaz Non-Profit Org.
Dr Ruba research considers the research excellence frameworks aim by considering innovative ideas for potential publication in high quality peer-reviewed international journals. Her research interests mainly lay in narrative reporting, particularly corporate social responsibility, risk disclosure, earnings management, and corporate governance.
As she believes in the value of continuous development, Dr Ruba obtained the Higher Education Teaching and Learning Certificate Program, and applying for the FHEA. Moreover, she is certified as a professional trainer (CPT), and certified SME’s (Micro/Small and Medium Enterprises Toolbox). Besides, she has developed her statistical and analytical skills to become proficient in STATA statistical software, and MS Office, and specialist in advanced Excel skills.
Dr Ruba was the winner of the 2018 Best Poster Award at Portsmouth Business school, Portsmouth University. Also, she was the recipient of PhD scholarship at Portsmouth University, and a BHs scholarship at Al Balqa’ University.
- Narrative reporting.
- CSR (corporate social responsibility).
- Risk disclosure.
- Earnings management.
- Corporate governance.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Al-Shattarat, W., Al-Shattarat, B. and Hamed, R. (2018). Do Dividends Announcements Signal Future Earnings Changes for Jordanian Industrial Firms? Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Forthcoming.
Under review Articles
- Al-Shattarat, B., Hussainey, K., Al-Shattarat, W., and Hamed, R. (2018/2019). Do UK Firms Manage Earnings Through Real Earnings Management to Meet Earnings Benchmarks? Journal of International Review of Financial Analysis, Under Review.
- Hamed, R., Al-Shattarat, B., Al-Shattarat, W., and Hussainey, K. (2019/2020). The Impact of Regulation on CSR Reporting Quality. Journal of Business Ethics, Under Review.
- Hamed, R., Al-Shattarat, B., Al-Shattarat, W., and Hussainey, K. (2019/2020). The Impact of CSR-Related Regulation on Earnings Management. Journal of Business Ethics, Under Review.
- Hamed, R., Al-Shattarat, B., Al-Shattarat, W., and Hussainey, K. (2019/2020). The Impact of CSR-Related Regulation on Subsequent Performance. Journal of Business Research, Under Review.
- CSR reporting, a systematic review of the literature and related theories.
- The impact of earnings management on the value relevance of earnings: empirical evidence from KSA.
- The impact of mandatory CSR on the cost of equity.
- Presented at FRBC-Doctoral stream at Durham University (BAFA 7/2017).
- Presented at 13th Annual Portsmouth Business School research and innovation conference-PhD stream (6/2017).
- Presented at the accounting and financial management group doctoral presentations (2/2017).