Dr. Samma Rasool
Assistant Professor of Management
Dr. Samma Faiz Rasool is an Assistant Professor at the College of Business Administration, Al-Yamamah University. He has completed his Ph.D. in Management from the School of Management, Shanghai University, China. He also has completed a first-class Master degree in Human Resource Management from the Institute of Administrative Sciences (IAS), University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
He is a well-versed academician and development professional having 13 years of industry, academia, and development experience. Prior to joining Al-Yamamah University, he worked as Assistant Professor at the Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou, China. He has also been a Postdoctoral fellow at two prestigious universities —one Faculty of Informatics and Management, University of Hradec Králové, Czech Republic and the second School of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Guangzhou University, China. He has widely published in peer-reviewed impact factor journals, such as Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Energy, Energy Policy, Journal of Knowledge Management, Environment and Sustainable Development and Journal of Cleaner Production. He is also an editor of some well-known impact factor journals such as Psychology Research and Behavior Management, SAGE Open, Frontier in Psychology and sustainability. He has also collaborated actively with researchers in several national and international funded projects.
- “European Union (EU) Project International Mobilities for Research Activities at the University of Hradec Králové, Czech Republic (Grant No. 02.2.69/0.0/0.O/18_O53/0017841).”
- “National Natural Science Foundation China(NSFC) funding (Grant No.15YJCZH225) to contribute to the business and society through his research.”
- “Foundation of Humanities and Social Sciences Research Program of Ministry of Education, China.”
His research interests revolve around three main streams: (i) Organizational psychology, human resource management and leadership (ii) Information technology capabilities and knowledge capabilities (iii) Critical success factors of renewable energy projects. He is flexible to work on the above-mentioned research topics. His passion is pursuing knowledge and contributing to management theory and practices by exploring profound and significant research questions that illuminate ways of addressing business and organizational issues.
Awards and Honors
- Excellent Postdoctoral Performance award by School of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Guangzhou University, China.
- Merit based full Scholarship for Ph.D. program from the Government of Shanghai, China.
- Outstanding International Student Award–Excellent Doctoral Student (2019), Shanghai University, China
- Nominated for the best Ph.D. dissertation award by School of Management, Shanghai University, China.
- Rasool, S. F., Samma, M., Mohelska, H., & Rehman, F. U. (2023). Investigating the nexus between information technology capabilities, knowledge management, and green product innovation: evidence from SME industry. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-023-26308-7 [Scopus; WoS; IF 4.223; SJR: Q2].
- Chaudhry, N. I., Rasool, S. F., Raza, M., Mhelska, H., & Rehman, F. U. (2023). Exploring the linkage between workplace precaution measures, covid-19 fear and job performance: The moderating effect of academic competence. Current Psychology, 1-20. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-023-04728-5 [ ABS2, Scopus; WoS; IF 4.223; SJR: Q2].
- Hussain, M., Rasool, S. F., Xuetong, W., Asghar, M. Z., & Alalshiekh, A. S. A. (2023). Investigating the nexus between critical success factors, supportive leadership, and entrepreneurial success: evidence from the renewable energy projects. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-023-25743-w [Scopus; WoS; IF 4.223; SJR: Q2].
- Xuetong, W., Hussain, M., Rasool, S. F., & Mohelska, H. (2023). Impact of corporate social responsibility on sustainable competitive advantages: The mediating role of corporate reputation. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-14. [Scopus; WoS; IF 4.223; SJR: Q2].
- Rasool, S. F., Zaman, S., Jehan, N., Chin, T., Khan, S., & uz Zaman, Q. (2022). Investigating the role of the tech industry, renewable energy, and urbanization in the sustainable environment: Policy directions in the context of developing economies. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 183, 121935. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2021.121935 [ABS3 Star, ABDC-A, Scopus; WoS; IF 10.88; JCR: Q1].
- Rasool, S. F., Chin, T., Wang, M., Asghar, A., Khan, A., & Zhou, L. (2021). Exploring the role of organizational support, and critical success factors on renewable energy projects of Pakistan. Energy, 122765. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2021.122765 [Scopus; WoS; IF 7.147; JCR: Q1].
- Asghar, Muhammad Zaheer, Elena Barbera, Samma Faiz Rasool, Pirita Seitamaa-Hakkarainen, and Hana Mohelská. "Adoption of social media-based knowledge-sharing behaviour and authentic leadership development: evidence from the educational sector of Pakistan during COVID-19." Journal of Knowledge Managementahead-of-print (2022). https://org/10.1108/JKM-11-2021-0892 [ ABS2, ABDC-A, Scopus; WoS; IF 8.689; JCR: Q1].
- Zaman, S., Wang, Z., *Rasool, S. F., uz Zaman, Q., & Raza, H. (2022). Impact of critical success factors and supportive leadership on sustainable success of renewable energy projects: Empirical evidence from Pakistan. Energy Policy, 162, 112793. https://doi.org/10.1016/enpol.2022.112793 [ABS2, Scopus; ABDC-A; WoS; IF 6.142; ABS-2, JCR: Q1].
- Jia, K., Zhu, T., Zhang, W., *Rasool, S. F., Asghar, A., & Chin, T. (2022). The Linkage between Ethical Leadership, Well-Being, Work Engagement, and Innovative Work Behavior: The Empirical Evidence from the Higher Education Sector of China. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19(9), 5414. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19095414 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 3.390; SJR: Q2].
- Uz Zaman, Q., Wang, Z., Zaman, S., & Rasool, S. F. (2021). Investigating the nexus between education expenditure, female employers, renewable energy consumption and CO2 emission: Evidence from China. Journal of Cleaner Production, 127824. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.127824 [ABS2; Scopus; WoS; IF: 9.297; JCR Q1].
- Rasool SF, Wang M, Tang M, Saeed A, Iqbal J. How Toxic Workplace Environment Effects the Employee Engagement: The Mediating Role of Organizational Support and Employee Wellbeing. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2021; 18(5):2294. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18052294. [Scopus; WoS; IF: 3.390; SJR: Q2]
- Rasool, S.F.; Wang, M.; Zhang, Y.; Samma, M. Sustainable Work Performance: The Roles of Workplace Violence and Occupational Stress. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2020, 17, 912. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17030912. [Scopus; WoS; IF: 3.390; SJR: Q2].
- Rasool SF, Samma M, Wang M, Zhao Y, Zhang Y. (2019). How Human Resource Management Practices Translate Into Sustainable Organizational Performance: The Mediating Role Of Product, Process And Knowledge Innovation. Psychology Research and Behavior Management, 12, 1009-1025. http://doi.org/10.2147/PRBM.S204662 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 2.945; SJR: Q2].
- Rasool, S.F.; Maqbool, R.; Samma, M.; Zhao, Y.; Anjum, A. Positioning Depression as a Critical Factor in Creating a Toxic Workplace Environment for Diminishing Worker Productivity. Sustainability 2019, 11,2589. https://doi.org/10.3390/su11092589 [Scopus; WoS;IF: 3.251; SJR: Q2].
- Wang, B., *Rasool, S.F., Zhao, Y. et al.Investigating the nexus between critical success factors, despotic leadership, and success of renewable energy projects. Environ Sci Pollut Res (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-16441-6 [Scopus; WoS; IF 4.223; SJR: Q2].
- Zhou, X.; *Rasool, S.F.; Yang, J.; Asghar, M.Z. Exploring the Relationship between Despotic Leadership and Job Satisfaction: The Role of Self Efficacy and Leader–Member Exchange. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2021, 18, 5307. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18105307 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 3.390; SJR: Q2].
- Zhou, X.; Rasool, S.F.; Ma, D. The Relationship between Workplace Violence and Innovative Work Behavior: The Mediating Roles of Employee Wellbeing. Healthcare 2020, 8, 332. https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare8030332 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 2.645; SJR: Q3].
- Wang, Z., Zaman, S., *Rasool, S. F., uz Zaman, Q., & Amin, A. (2020). Exploring the Relationships Between a Toxic Workplace Environment, Workplace Stress, and Project Success with the Moderating Effect of Organizational Support: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan. Risk Management and Healthcare Policy, 13, 1055. https://doi.org/10.2147/RMHP.S256155 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 3.200; SJR: Q2].
- Anjum, A.; Ming, X.; Siddiqi, A.F.; *Rasool, S.F. An Empirical Study Analyzing Job Productivity in Toxic Workplace Environments. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2018, 15, 1035. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15051035 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 3.390; SJR: Q2].
- Zhao Y, Abbas M, Samma M,Ozkut T, Munir M and *Rasool SF (2021) Exploring the Relationship Between Corporate Social Responsibility, Trust, Corporate Reputation, and Brand Equity. Front. Psychol. 12:766422. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2021.7664225 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 2.067; SJR: Q2].
- Wang J, Zhao Y, Han X, Li L and Rasool SF (2022) Exploring the Relationship Between Value Modularity, Knowledge Transfer, and Firm Innovation Performance: Evidence From China. Front. Psychol. 12:772231. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2021.772231 [WoS; IF: 2.067; SJR: Q2].
- Wang, M., Arshed, N., Munir, M., *Rasool, S. F., & Lin, W. (2021). Investigation of the STIRPAT model of environmental quality: a case of nonlinear quantile panel data analysis. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-020-01165-3 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 3.219; SJR: Q2].
- Liu Y, Amin A, *Rasool SF, Zaman QU. (2020). The Role of Agriculture and Foreign Remittances in Mitigating Rural Poverty: Empirical Evidences from Pakistan. Journal Name: Risk Management and Healthcare Policy,13,13-26. https://doi.org/10.2147/RMHP.S235580 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 3.200; SJR: Q1].
- Rasool, S. F., Samma*, M., Anjum, A., Munir, M., & Khan, T. M. (2019). Relationship between modern human resource management practices and organizational innovation: Empirical Investigation from banking sector of China. International Transaction Journal of Engineering Management, & Applied Sciences & Technologies, 10 (19), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.14456/ITJEMAST.2019.266 (WoS; ESCI-Thomson Reuters Listed Journal].
- Rasool*, S.F.; Koser, M.; Zhao., Y. (2016). Two folded layers of organizational justice. International Journal of Research, 03 (14), 368-381.
- Iqbal J, Qureshi N, Ashraf MA, Rasool SF, Asghar MZ (2021). The Effect of Emotional Intelligence and Academic Social Networking Sites on Academic Performance During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Psychology Research and Behavior Management, 14, 905-920. http://doi.org/10.2147/PRBM.S316664 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 2.945; SJR: Q2].
- Samma, M.; Zhao, Y.; Rasool, S.F.; Han, X.; Ali, S. Exploring the Relationship between Innovative Work Behavior, Job Anxiety, Workplace Ostracism, and Workplace Incivility: Empirical Evidence from Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs). Healthcare 2020, 8, 508. https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare8040508 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 2.645; SJR: Q3].
- Wang, Z., Zaman, S., uz Zaman, Q., & Rasool, S. F. (2021). Impact of remittances on carbon emission: fresh evidence from a panel of five remittance-receiving countries. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-14412-5 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 4.223; SJR: Q2].
- Amin, A., Liu, Y., Yu, J., Chandio, A. A., Rasool, S. F., Luo, J., & Zaman, S. (2020). How does energy poverty affect economic development? A panel data analysis of South Asian countries. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-20-09173-6 [Scopus; WoS; IF: 4.223; SJR: Q2].
- Zaman, Q., Zaman, S., Hussain, M., Amin, A., & Faiz Rasool, S. (2019). Situational Analysis of Public Sector Schools in Rural Areas of Southern Punjab, Pakistan. European Online Journal of Natural and Social Sciences: Proceedings, 8(3 (s)), pp-42. [Thomson Reuters Listed Journal].
- Rasool, S.F.; Zhao., Y.; Samma, M*.; Memon, M.A.M. (2018). An Empirical Investigation of Reward, Recognition and Its Impact on Job Satisfaction and Motivation: Evidences from Banking Sector of China. Journal of the Punjab University Historical Society, 31 (1), 173-188. [HEC X Category].
- Koser, M., *Rasool, S. F., & Samma, M. (2018). High Performance Work System is the Accelerator of the Best Fit and Integrated HR-Practices to Achieve the Goal of Productivity: A Case of Textile Sector in Pakistan. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, 8 (1), 10-21. [HEC X Category].
- China Border open for International Business Cooperation— organized by Honghe University, China (May 2022).
- Seventh International Business School Shanghai Conference-2018— organized by ANTAI College, Shanghai Jiao Tong University and EFMD Global Network, China (March 2018)
- International Workshop on Business Incubation— Organized by Caohejing Hi. Tech Park Shanghai, China (October 2017)
- Second International SME Conference—organized by UMT, Lahore, Pakistan
- Human Resource Management
- Foundations of Leadership
- Leadership for Human Resources
- Human Resource Development
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance and Compensation Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business in Saudi Arabia
- Organizational Behavior
- Foundation of Leadership
Membership of University Committees
- Member, AACSB Committee —Zhejiang University of Technology, China (2022 to Present)
- Member, Doctoral Committee for postgraduate—Zhejiang University of Technology, China (2021-2022)
- Member, Social Sciences Research Project Committee—Zhejiang University of Technology, China (2021-2022)
- Director Research Wing, China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)—Guangzhou University, China (2019-2021)
Key Journals Article Reviewer
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Journal of Knowledge Management, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of Intellectual Capital, Asia Pacific Business Review, Energy, Energy Policy, Renewable Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development and Journal of Cleaner Production.
Membership of Editorial Board
- Special Issue Guest Editor for Administrative Sciences Journal— Emerging Trends in Innovative Learning Environments and Entrepreneurial Learning (2023)
- Special Issue Guest Editor for Sustainability Journal—Leadership, Well-being, Toxic Workplace Environment and Organizational Sustainability in the Post-pandemic Era (2022)
- Editorial Member —SAGE Open, ISSN: 2158-2440 (Since, 2021)
- Editorial Member— Frontier in Psychology, ISSN: 1664-1078 (Since, 2020)
- Editorial Member—Management and Social Sciences & Economics (JISR-MSSE), ISSN: 2616-7476 (Since, 2022)