Dr. Sultan Sanat Alotaibi
Dean of Admission, Registration & Students Affairs
Dr Sultan is PhD holder in energy and sustainability in buildings from University of Nottingham. He is assistant professor in the college of Engineering and Architecture (CoEA), Architecture department. He is passionate for energy efficient and sustainable cities/buildings. Understands the centrality of cities to economic activity and keen to play a key role in addressing the current major sustainability challenges. Brings a strong portfolio of research and peer-reviewed publication with high-quality, actionable options that have impacted on public policy/institutional reform. Excels at thought leadership and skilled at guiding and supervising project work. Career to date features architecture and senior education-based roles; honing a broad skill-set that is highly transferable. Dr Sultan held many academic and administrative positions. He worked as an assistant professor at Dar Al Uloom University and then as Vice-dean of College of Architectural Engineering & Digital Design. Then he appointed as Dean of Admissions, Registration and Student Affairs at Al Yamamah University. Dr Sultan nominated as a regional representative of the World Society of Sustainable Energy Technologies and a member of the Board of Directors of Saudi Council of Engineers. Recently, he was appointed as a member of board of trustees of Arab Commission for Quality and Accreditation of Engineering Education.
- Alotaibi S, (2017). Buildings’ Envelope Integrated Photovoltaic Cells, Review of Research and Applications, International Journal of Low Carbon Technologies, IN press.
- Alotaibi, S. S. and S. Riffat (2014). Vacuum Insulated Panels for Sustainable Buildings: A Review of Research and Applications." International Journal of Energy Research 38(1): 1-19.
- Alotaibi S, (2015). Energy Efficient Buildings Codes, International Case Study, Saudi Mega Projects Conference, Riyadh.
- Alotaibi S, & Riffat S, (2015). Simulation Investigation and Economic Analysis of Low Carbon House with Different Insulation Scenarios, The 8th Saudi Students Conference, London.
- Alotaibi S, & Riffat S, (2014). Vacuum Insulated Panel for Zero Carbon Buildings, The 13th International Conference on the Sustainable Energy Technologies, Geneva.
- Alotaibi S, & Riffat S, (2013). Simulation Investigation of Heating Load for Solid Wall House Retrofitted with Vacuum Insulation Panels, The 12th International conference on the Sustainable Energy Technologies, Hong Kong.
- Alotaibi S, & Riffat S, (2011) Vacuum Insulated Panel in Buildings Application, The 11th International Conference on the Sustainable Energy Technologies, Istanbul.
- Member of Board of Trustees (2019 to Present) Arab Commission for Quality and Accreditation of Engineering Education, KSA
- Member of The Board of Directors of Saudi Council of Engineers (SCE).
- Member of Board of sustainability chapter at Saudi Umran Society
- Regional organizer of World Society of Sustainable Energy Technologies (WSSET)
- Club President (2011 to 2013) Nottingham Saudi Students Club 31st, Nottingham, UK
- Head of Association Events (2012 to 2013) Saudi Architecture and Engineering Association, London, UK