Dr. Kamel Dine Haouam
Assistant Professor of Software & Network Engineering
EDUCATION AND DEGREES:
- PhD in Computer Science (Information Retrieval), London Metropolitan University (UK), 5 th March 2008. Dissertation title: RVSM: A Rhetorical Conceptual Model for Content-Based Indexing and Retrieval of Text Document.
- D.E.A in Real-time: CRIN, INPL de Nancy (France), 1995.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science department of Computer Science, Institute of Informatics, University of Annaba (Algeria), 1989. Dissertation title: Multicriteria Programming, theory and application.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, department of Computer Science, Institute of Informatics, University of Annaba (Algeria), 1983.
RESEARCH AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Information Retrieval.
- Semantic Web.
- Natural Language, Formal techniques/AI
- Kalaivaani P C D,, Sathishkumar V E,; Wesam Atef Hatamleh, Kamel Dine Haouam, B. Venkatesh & Dirar Sweidan. 2021. "Advanced lightweight feature interaction in deep neural networks for improving the prediction in click through rate". Annals of Operations Research (2021) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-021-04384-7
- Halboob, W., Abbas, H. and Haouam, K. 2014. “Dynamically Changing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) Management in Cloud Computing”, Proceedings of the tenth International Conference on Intelligent Computing (ICIC 2014), August 3-6 , 2014, China. 434 – 443.
- Haouam, K., and Marir, F. 2006. “A Dynamic Weight Assignment Approach for Index Terms”. Journal of Computer Science 2 (3): 261–268, ISSN 1549-3636.
- Marir, F., and Haouam,K. 2004. “ Rhetorical Structure Theor y for content-based indexing and retrieval of Web documents”. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference Information Technology: Research and Education (ITRE 2004), June 28 - July1, 2004, UK. 160 –164
- Haouam, K., Touir,A. and Marir, F. 2003. “Towards a Framework Design of a Retrieval Document System Based on Rhetorical Structure Theory and Cue Phrases”. Proceedings of the International Conference on New Trends in Intelligent Information Processing and Web Mining (IIS2003), June 2-5, 2003, Poland.
- Haouam, K., and Marir, F. 2003. “SEMIR: Semantic indexing and retrieving Web document using Rhetorical Structure Theory”. Proceedings of the fourth International Confer ence on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL2003), March 21-23, 2003, Hong Kong.
- Marir, F., and Haouam, K. 2002. “RSTIndex: Indexing and retrieving Web document using computational and linguistic techniques”. Proceedings of the third International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL2002), August 12-14, 2002, UK. 135-140.
- Z. Mammeri, K. Haouam 1997. “ Connection allocation schemes for guaranteeing hard Real -Time communications with ATM networks” Pr oceedings of the WFCS IEEE International Workshop on Factory Communication systems, Spain, 203-212
- Haouam, K. 1995. “ Une application d’un problème de programmation multiobjective” Rencontres Francophones de Recherche operationnelle – FRANCORO” – Mons, Juin 11-14, 1995, Mons - Belgique
- Sarma, GV., Louabdia, S. and Haouam, K. 1993. “Application of lexicographic goal programming in production planning – two cases studies “ Opsearch - Journal of the Operational Research Society of India, Vol.30, No.2, 1993.
- Sarma, GV., and Haouam, K. 1991. “An application of multi-objective programming to evolve carbon material mix for producing calcium carbide”, Indian Journal of Technology, Vol. 29, November 1991
- Organizing Committee Chair, JETI’95, Journées d’études: Technologies Informatiques, Applications Industrielles, Annaba ( Algeria), December 18 th – December 19 th , 1995.
- Organizing Committee Chair, EMI’ 93, Second Maghreban School of Computer Science, Annaba (Algeria), November 6th – November 12th 1993.
- Organizing Committee Chair, International Computing Workshop, Logic programming, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering and Parallel Computing, Annaba ( Algeria), December 1991, in collaboration with Litam Laboratory, Marseille ( France).
- Computer Programming I – in Assembly language, Pascal, C, C++, Java
- Computer Programming II – OOP in C++ and Java
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Information Retrieval
- Operating Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Operations Research
Project Supervising Activities: Over 15 BSc student projects supervised.
OTHER UNIVERSITY SERVICE:
- Development Committee for Academic Performance Member, Computer Science Department, College of Computer and Information Sciences, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, january 2003 – present
- Registration Committee Member, Computer Science Department, College of Computer and Information Sciences, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, September 2003 – present
- Exam and Control Committee Member, Computer Science Department, College of Computer and Information Sciences King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, January 1998 – present
- Vice Dean, Institute of Informatics, University of Annaba, Algeria, 1994 –1995
- Chairman, Computer Science Department, , Institute of Informatics, University of Annaba, Algeria, 1985 –1986
- Scientific Council Member, Institute of Informatics , University of Annaba, Algeria 1993-1996