Dr. Khaled AlMakadmeh
Program Coordinator / Associate Professor of Software Engineering
Dr. Khaled Almakadmeh is an Associate Professor of Software Engineering in the College of Engineering and Architecture at Al Yamamah University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia since September 2021. He is an Associate Professor of Software Engineering in Faculty of Prince Al-Hussein Bin Abdallah II for Information Technology at the Hashemite University, Jordan since 2019 and an Assistant Professor since 2013. Dr. Almakadmeh was appointed as Department Chair, Assistant Dean, and Vice Dean for Academic Affairs participating in directing four (4) academic departments that run seven (7) undergraduate programs and (2) graduate programs. He holds a doctorate degree in Software Engineering from University of Quebec in Canada, 2013. His research is focused on software requirements engineering, software quality and software metrics. Dr. Almakadmeh has published several research publications to improve the measurement and/or the approximation of software functional size to help in building more reliable effort estimation models. Such improvement can be achieved when the research community provide software requirements engineers (i.e. software engineering industry) by standard-based models to model and specify software requirements specifications (both functional and non-functional).
- Ghadeer Al-Qahmouss, Khaled Almakadmeh (Accepted). Towards a Standard-Based Model of System Dependability Requirements. International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms, Vol. X, No. X, pp. xx-xx.
- Khaled Almakadmeh, Khalid T. Al-Sarayreh, Kenza Meridji (2018). A measurement model of the functional size of software maintainability requirements. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, Vol. 96, No. 12, pp. 3829-3845.
- Khaled Almakadmeh (2018), System coupling and cohesion requirements model (SC2RM): measurement approach for real time system. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, Vol. 96, No. 8, pp. 2339-2350.
- Khaled Almakadmeh, Kenza Meridji, Khalid T. Al-Sarayreh (2018). Towards a Reference Model of Software Resources Quality. Journal of Computer Science, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 182-198. DOI: 10.3844/jcssp.2018.182.198
- Mahmoud Al-Saadi, Malik Qasaimeh, Sara Tedmori, Khaled Almakadmeh (2017). HIPAA security and privacy rules auditing in extreme programming environments. International Journal of Information Systems in the Service Sector, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 1-21. DOI:10.4018/IJISSS.2017010101
- Khalid T. Al-Sarayreh, Lina Hassan, Khaled Almakadmeh (2015). A trade-off model of software requirements for balancing between security and usability issues. International Review on Computers and Software Journal. Vol. 10, No. 12, pp. 1157-1168. DOI: 10.15866/irecos.v10i12.8094
- Kenza Meridji, Khaled Almakadmeh, Khalid T. Al-Sarayreh, Anas Abuljadayel, Mohammad Khalaf (2015). Towards a requirements model of system security using international standards. International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications. Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 139-164. DOI: 10.14257/ijseia.2015.9.4.16
- Mohammad Bsoul, Alaa Abdallah, Khaled Almakadmeh, Nedal Tahat (2016). A round-based data replication strategy. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. Vol. 27, No. 1 pp. 31-39. DOI: 10.1109/TPDS.2015.2388449
- Wafa' Alma'aitah, Khaled Almakadmeh (2015). An efficient adaptive genetic algorithm for vector space model, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. Vol.71 No.2, pp. 281-286.
- Khaled Almakadmeh, Alain Abran (2013). Experimental evaluation of an industrial technique for the approximation of software functional size. International Journal of Computers & Technology. Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 1459-1474.
- Nizar Bouguila, Khaled Almakadmeh, Sabri Boutemedjet (2012). A finite mixture model for simultaneous high-dimensional clustering localized feature selection and outlier rejection. Elsevier Journal of Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 39, No. 7, pp. 6641-6656. DOI: 10.1016/j.eswa.201 1.12.038.
- Khaled Almakadmeh, Mhammed Almakadmeh (2010). Digital forensics evidence mining tool. Journal of ubiquitous computing and communication, vol. 5, pp. 24-35.
- Khaled Almakadmeh, Waf'a Alma'aitah (2017). Comparison of crossover types to build improved queries using adaptive genetic algorithm. International Conference on New Trends in Computing Sciences (ICTCS 2017), Amman, Jordan, pp. 1-5. DOI: 10.1109/ICTCS.2017.18
- Khaled Almakadmeh, Khaled Al-Sarayreh, Kenza Meridji (2015). Towards a design measurement context for software coupling and cohesion requirements. 14th International conference on applied computer and applied computational science, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp. 111-116.
- Khaled Almakadmeh, Ghadeer Al Gahmouss (2015). A comprehensive survey of system dependability for real time embedded software. International Conference on Intelligent Information Processing, Security and Advanced Communication, Batna, Algeria. DOI: 10.1145/2816839.2816903
- Khaled Almakadmeh, Fatima Abu-Zitoon (2015). A generic model-based methodology of testing techniques to obtain high quality software. International Conference on Intelligent Information Processing, Security and Advanced Communication, Batna, Algeria. DOI: 10.1145/2816839.2816903
- Hanan Alzawahreh, Khaled Almakadmeh (2015). Procedural model of requirements elicitation techniques. International Conference on Intelligent Information Processing, Security and Advanced Communication, Batna, Algeria. DOI: 10.1145/2816839.2816902
- Ruba Alzyoudi, Khaled Almakadmeh, Hutaf Natouryeh (2015). A probability measurement for requirement selection in component-based software development. International Conference on Intelligent Information Processing, Security and Advanced Communication, Batna, Algeria. DOI: 10.1145/2816839.2816871
Committees and Reviewing Activities
- Academic committees at Hashemite University (2013 - present)
Chair: Graduate studies committee
Code of conduct committee
Class Schedule committee
Student elections committee
Member: IET accreditation committee
- Reviewer for Internationally Refereed Journals
- Information Sciences Elsevier Journal
- Journal of Computer Science, Science Publications
- American Journal of Applied Sciences, Science Publications
- International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organization
- International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology
- International Journal of Information Technology and Management
- International Journal of Information and Computer Security
- IET Software Journal, IET Research
- International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems
- Steering Committees
- The ninth National Technology Parade, Al-Ahliyya Amman University, Jordan, May 2016
- The eight National Technology Parade, University of Jordan, Jordan, May 2015
- Sakhaa Al-Sarayreh, master thesis, main supervisor (Graduated Nov. 2019). Evaluation of usability requirements of E-Government services in Jordan. The Hashemite University, Jordan.
- AbdelGhaffar Shehadat, master thesis, main supervisor (Graduated May 2019). Software projects effort estimation using deep-learning technique and ISBSG dataset. The Hashemite University, Jordan.
- Hanan Al-Zawahreh, master thesis, co-supervisor (Graduated May 2017). Software configuration management for embedded and real-time software in software engineering domain. The Hashemite University, Jordan.
- Ghadeer Al-Gahmouss, master thesis, main supervisor (Graduated Oct. 2016). A generic model for system dependability of real-time embedded software, The Hashemite University, Jordan.
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Design
- User Interface Design & Implementation
- Software Quality Assurance
- Design Patterns
- Software Maintenance and Evolution
- Software Construction and User Interface
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Quality Engineering
- Software Process Improvement