Dr. Osamah Abdulhameed
Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering
Osamah Abdulhameed is an assistant professor in industrial engineering department at Al-Yamamah University, Saudi Arabia. He received his PhD (Manufacturing Systems Engineering) in in 2020 from King Saud University. His research interests are in quality control, inspection of manufacturing product, additive manufacturing; subtractive manufacturing; CAD /CAM; product design; design and analysis of manufacturing systems; applications of system simulation; and optimization of manufacturing processes.
Awards and Honors
Award of King Saud University of scientific Excellence in Best Authored Book Award, King Saud University, KSA (May 2016)
- Osama Abdulhameed, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Wadea Ameen, Syed Hammad Mian, “Novel dynamic CAPP system for hybrid additive-subtractive-inspection process”, Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol. 24 Issue: 6 (2018): pp. 988-1002.
- Osama Abdulhameed, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Wadea Ameen, and Syed Hammad Mian, "Additive manufacturing: Challenges, trends, and applications." Advances in Mechanical Engineering 11.2 (2019): 1687814018822880.
- Ali Kamrani, Emad Abouel Nasr, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Osama Abdulhameed, Syed Hammad Mian, "Feature-based design approach for integrated CAD and computer-aided inspection planning", Int J Adv Manuf Technol (2015) 76:2159–2183
- Abdurahman Mushabab Al-Ahmari, Osama Abdulhameed, Awais Ahmad Khan, "An automatic and optimal selection of parts orientation in additive manufacturing", Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol. 24 Issue: 4 (2018): pp. 698-708.
- Ameen, Wadea, Mohammed AlKahtani, Muneer Khan Mohammed, Osama Abdulhameed, and Abdulaziz Mohammed El-Tamimi. "Investigation of the effect of buffer storage capacity and repair rate on production line efficiency." Journal of King Saud University-Engineering Sciences 30.3 (2018): 243-249.
- Ameen, W., Al-Ahmari, A., Mohammed, M. K., Abdulhameed, O., Umer, U., & Moiduddin, K. "Design, finite element analysis (FEA), and fabrication of custom titanium alloy cranial implant using electron beam melting additive manufacturing." Advances in Production Engineering & Management 13.3 (2018): 267-278.
- Mohammed, M. K., Umer, U., Osama Abdulhameed , & Alkhalefah, H., "Effects of Laser Fluence and Pulse Overlap on Machining of Microchannels in Alumina Ceramics Using an Nd: YAG Laser." Applied Sciences 9.19 (2019): 3962.
- Nasr, Emad Abouel, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Awais A. Khan, Syed Hammad Mian, Osama Abdulhameed, and Ali Kamrani. "Integrated system for automation of process, fixture and inspection planning." Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering 42, no. 1 (2020): 52.
- Osama Abdulhameed, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari1, Syed Hammad Mian, Abdulmajeed Dabwan1, Hisham Alkhalefah, " Evolution of computer aided process planning for hybrid Additive/Subtractive Process", Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 2020, Article ID 7458239, 1-21, https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/7458239
- Osama Abdulhameed, Syed Hammad Mian, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, and Hisham Alkhalefah. "Patch and curvature specific estimation of efficient sampling scheme for complex surface inspection." The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 110, no. 11 (2020): 3407-3422.
- Syed Hammad Mian, Usama Umer, Osama Abdulhameed, and Hisham Alkhalefah. "Prognosis and Multiobjective Optimization of the Sampling Plan for Cylindricity Evaluation." Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2020, Article ID 8201312, 24 pages, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/8201312
- Osama Abdulhameed, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Syed Hammad Mian, "Path planning and setup orientation for automated dimensional inspection using coordinate measuring machines", Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2020, Article ID 9683074, 17 pages.,
- Emad Abouel Nasr, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Ali Kamrani, Osama Abdulhameed, “Developing An Integrated System for CAD and Inspection Planning”, Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Computers & Industrial Engineering, 660-665.
- Emad Abouel Nasr, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Ali Kamrani, Osama Abdulhameed, “Automatic execution of inspection plan for prismatic parts in online manufacturing”, Proceedings of the 2013 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, 2394-2403.
- Emad Abouel Nasr, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Osama Abdulhameed, Syed Hammad Mian, “Set up Planning for Automatic Generation of Inspection Plan”, The International Conference on Sustainable Intelligent Manufacturing,215-218.
- Emad Abouel Nasr, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Awais Khan, Osama Abdulhameed, Mustufa H. Abidi, " An Integrated CAPP/CAFD/CAIP System for Prismatic Parts", Proceedings of the 2014 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Y. Guanand H.Liao, eds.
- Wadea Ameen, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Osama Abdulhameed, "Design for Metal Additive Manufacturing: An Investigation of Key Design Application on Electron Beam Melting", World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology International Journal of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Vol:13, No:5, 2019
- Osama Abdulhameed, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Mohamed Abd Elhamid, "Development of a Computer Aided Process Planning System for Prismatic Parts in Hybrid Manufacturing", Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, November 26-28, 2019
- Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Emad Abouel Nasr, Osama Abdulhameed, “Computer-Aided Inspection Planning: Theory and Practice, November 21, 2016 by CRC Press
- Emad Abouel Nasr, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Ali Kamrani, Osama Abdulhameed, “A semi-integration system of CAD and Inspection planning of Standard Manufactured Features”, New Product Design: New Strategies for Reengineering, Taylor and Francis, 2013, p: 109-139.
Assistant Professor at Al Yamamah University dealing with the following courses:
- IEG 303: Quality Control
- IEG 321: Operation Research-1
- IEG 322: Operation Research-2
- IEG 323: Systems Simulation
- IEG 341: Manufacturing process-1
- IEG 345: Industrial Control Systems and Automation
- IEG 450: Industrial Facility Design and Material Handling
Research interests are in:
- Quality control,
- Inspection of manufacturing product
- Hybrid manufacturing
- Additive manufacturing; subtractive manufacturing;
- CAD /CAM;
- Product design; design and analysis of manufacturing systems;
- Applications of system simulation;
- Optimization of manufacturing processes.