Dr. Safwan Qasem
Director of Quality Assurance / Head of Computer Engineering Department
Dr. Safwan Qasem, Director of the Quality Assurance Department at AlYamamah University. He is member of AlYamamah quality council, the strategic plan committee and member of the College Council at the college of Business Administration and the college of Engineering and Architecture.
Dr. Safwan has developed a multi-disciplinary experience as a professional in the Information Technology industry, as a researcher in Computer Aided Learning systems, and as an expert in academic programs quality and accreditation.
After obtaining his PhD degrees in Computer Science from the University of Grenoble Alpes, France, in 1997, Dr. Safwan Qasem joined several international companies as system designer and system architect performing technical and managerial roles. In these different positions, Dr. Qasem had to develop relationship with customers, partners and subcontractors and to lead design and implementation of complex systems. As system Architect, Dr. Safwan was in charge of achieving challenging power targets in wireless terminal devices. He led multidisciplinary international teams that span over three continents (USA, Europe, India) to achieve the set objectives.
Later Dr. Qasem joined King Saud University as a faculty member, where he played an instrumental role in preparing academic programs to achieve internationally acknowledged quality standards and obtain an international accreditation. Dr. Safwan was elected to the board of assessors in charge of controlling the implementation of the global Quality Management System in KSU, where he served as a program evaluator and as a team chair.
Dr. Safwan has been recognized as an International Educational Programs Evaluator and team chair and is serving as a program evaluator and team chair and as a member of the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, the internationally recognized body for accrediting and assuring confidence in university programs in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) disciplines.
- El Hindi, Khalil; AlSalman, Hussien; Qasem, Safwan; Al Ahmadi, Saad. 2018. "Building an Ensemble of Fine-Tuned Naive Bayesian Classifiers for Text Classification." Entropy 20, no. 11: 857.
- Safwan W Qasem ; Ameur A Touir , “Cardinal Neighbor Quadtree: a New Quadtree-based Structure for Constant-Time Neighbor Finding” , International Journal of Computer Applications 132(8), 0975 – 8887, pp. 22-30, December 2015.
- S. Hammami, S. Qasem, S. Al Muhaideb, Adaptive e- Learning using the Semantic Web: A Comparative Survey, International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Research, pp. 366-372, April 2012
- P. Titiano & S. Qasem, « Hardware Voting mechanism for arbitrating scaling of shared voltage domain, Integrated circuits, processes and systems », United States Patent Application Number 20080162770, July 2008.
A. Khoumsi, Z. Chentouf, S. Qasem, A High Abstraction Level Approach for Detecting Feature Interactions Among Web Services, IADIS e-Society 2012, March 2012.
- CIS 104: Fundamental programming II
- CIS 321: Operating Systems
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Advanced Project Management
- Software Quality Assurance
- Software Measurements
- Information Systems Security
- Design and implementation of Real Time Systems
- Expert Systems and Knowledge Engineering Applications
- Advanced Computer Graphics
- Fundamental programming, I & II
- Operating Systems
- Systems’ Programming
- IT Project Management
- Computer Networks
- Director of Quality Assurance & Performance Development Department. 2019– Present .
- Acting head of the Qualitative department in College of Business Administration. 2019 .
- A member of the Quality & Academic Accreditation Committee , AlYamamah University, 2019 – present.
- A member of the Strategic Plan Steering Committee, AlYamamah University, 2019 – present.
- A member of the Accreditation Steering Committee, AlYamamah University, 2019 – present.
- A member of the Supervisory Committee on Industrial Academic Cooperation.
- A member of the College Council at the College of Business Administration, AlYamamah University, 2019 .
- A member of the College Council at the College of Engineering & Architecture, AlYamamah University, 2019 – present.
- Team chair and commissioner at the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET), 2019 – present
- Programs Evaluator at the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET), 2013 – present
- Team chair and program evaluator in the Board of Assessors for the Quality Management System at King Saud University, 2013 – 2019.
- Member of the Institutional Accreditation Team King Saud University, 2016-2017.
- Member of the Quality Management System College Committee, College of Computer and Information Sciences, King Saud University, 2014-2019.
- Member of the international Accreditation Committee, College of Computer and Information Sciences, King Saud University, 2010-2019.
- Head of the Quality improvement and Accreditation committee in the Computer Science Department, College of Computer and Information Sciences, King Saud University, 2010-2019.
- Consultant to a number of academic programs on NCAAA and international accreditation processes & criteria.