Dr. Majdi Rawashdeh
Associate Professor of Software Engineering
Majdi Rawashdeh earned his Ph.D. in Computer Science at the University of Ottawa in Canada. Currently, he holds the position of Associate Professor at the College of Engineering and Architecture at Al-Yamamah University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Prior to his current role at Al-Yamamah University, he had a diverse career involving research and teaching. In 2015, he became a part of the Department of Business Information Technology at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) in Jordan. Additionally, he served as the Department Chair for Business Information Technology at PSUT from 2017 to 2019. His research interests include social media analysis, recommender systems, smart cities, and data analytics.
Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Ottawa, Canada, 2014
M.Sc. in computer science, University of Ottawa, Canada, 2009
B.Sc. in computer science, Yarmouk University, Jordan, 1994
Associate Professor, Dept. of Software Engineering, Al-Yamamah University, Saudi Arabia, 2023 –
Associate Professor, Dept. of Business Information Technology, Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Jordan, 2019 – 2023
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Business Information Technology, Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Jordan, 2015 – 2019
Research Associate, New York University, United Arab Emirates, 2014 – 2016
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Ottawa, Canada, 2014 – 2015
- M. Al-Omari, F. Qutaishat, M. Rawashdeh, S. Alajmani, M. Masud. "A Boosted Tree-Based Predictive Model for Business Analytics". Intelligent Automation & Soft Computing, 2023
- A. Alarood, N. Ababneh, M. Al-Khasawneh, M. Rawashdeh, M. Al-Omari. "IoTSteg: ensuring privacy and authenticity in internet of things networks using weighted pixels classification based image steganography". Cluster Computing, 2022
- M. Rawashdeh, Y. Alshboul, M. AL Zamil, S. Samarah, A. Alnusair, M. Hossain. "A security framework for QaaS model in intelligent transportation systems". Microprocessors and Microsystems, 2022
- K. N. Alam, Md. Khan, A. Dhruba, M. Khan, J. F. Al-Amri, M. Masud, M. Rawashdeh. "Deep learning-based sentiment analysis of COVID-19 vaccination responses from Twitter data ". Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, 2021
- M. Rawashdeh, M. GH Al Zamil, S. Samarah, M. Obaidat, M. Masud. "IOT-based service migration for connected communities". Computers & Electrical Engineering, 2021
- N. Sharma, M. Mangla, S. Mohanty, M. Shorfuzzaman, M.Rawashdeh. "A smart ontology-based IoT framework for remote patient monitoring". Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 2021
- M. Al-Omari, M. Rawashdeh, F. Qutaishat, M. Alshira’H, N. Ababneh. "An intelligent tree-based intrusion detection model for cyber security". Journal of Network and Systems Management, 2021
- M. Rawashdeh, M. Al Zamil, S. Samarah, M. Hossain, G. Muhammad. "A knowledge-driven approach for activity recognition in smart homes based on activity profiling". Future Generation Computer Systems, 2020
- 2019 IEEE/ACS 16th International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 2019.
- 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM), Taichung, Taiwan, 2017.
- 2017 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo Workshops (ICMEW), Hong Kong, China, 2017.
- 2016 IEEE 17th International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration (IRI), Pittsburgh, USA, 2016.
- 2015 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo Workshops (ICMEW), Turin, Italy, 2015.
- 2014 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo Workshops (ICMEW), Chengdu, China, 2014.
- CIS103 Programming Fundamentals I
- CIS104 Programming Fundamentals II
- CIS221 Introduction to Database Systems
- SWE312 Software Construction and User Interface
- Reviewer for many IEEE, ACM, Springer, and Elsevier Journals.
- Reviewer for many international conferences.
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Member, Association of Computer Machinery (ACM).
- Technical program committee member in many IEEE and ACM conferences.
- Examiners for many project, competitions, and theses.