Dr. Anwar F. Ibrahim
Associate Professor of Architecture
Dr. Anwar Ibrahim is Associate Professor of architecture. He obtained his undergraduate (1996) and Master’s (1999) degrees in Architecture Engineering from Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST). In 2008, he moved to the USA and started his Ph.D studies in Architecture history and theory from the State University New York at Binghamton and earned his degree in 2015. After that, he returned back to Jordan to work as Assistant Professor at the College of Architecture and Design/Department of Architecture (JUST) before he was promoted to Associate Professor in 2021. The list of courses he taught includes design for various levels and history of architecture for undergrad students and Theory and Criticism and human behavior in architecture for graduate level. He also supervised a large number of graduating projects and Master’s degree theses. From 2018 to 2022, Dr. Ibrahim served as the Chairman of the Department of Architecture and as a Vice Dean from 2020-2022. During his appointment as a Chairperson, Dr. Ibrahim was successfully able to lead his department in the process of achieving the American NAAB’s International Certificate (ICert.). As part of his social responsibility and international partnership, Dr. Ibrahim worked as a project coordinator for The Jordanian Action for the Development of Enterprises (JADE), a European Union sponsored project from 2017-2020. He assisted in organizing a large number of hackathons and national exhibitions that aimed at promoting the culture of creativity and entrepreneurship among the youth. Dr. Ibrahim is also an active researcher and published in high-rank pair-reviewed indexed journals. His research interest includes architectural theory and criticism, human behavior in the built environment, occupant behavior and thermal comfort, perception of architectural form, sustainable architecture aesthetics, and architecture and design education.
- Ibrahim, Anwar, Hikmat Ali, & Razan Rasheed. 2022. Evaluation of nearly zero energy residential buildings design strategies in three climatic zones in Jordan. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, 2(5), 378-391 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32479/ijeep.13268
- Abed, Amal, Hikmat Ali, Anwar Ibrahim & Musab Wedyan. 2022. Impact of setbacks on thermal comfort and visual privacy in detached houses in Jordan, Building Research & Information, DOI: 10.1080/09613218.2022.2121906
- Alja’afreh, Aseel, Raed Al Tal & Anwar Ibrahim. 2021." The social role of open spaces in informal settlements in Jordan." Open House International, https://doi.org/10.1108/OHI-02-2021-0023.
- Ibrahim, Anwar, Amneh I. Al-Rababah & Qanita Bani Baker. 2021."Integrating virtual reality technology into architecture education: the case of architectural history courses," Open House International, 1-12.
- Ibrahim, Anwar, Ahmed Attia, Asma’ Bataineh & Hikmat H. Ali. 2020. “Evaluation of the Online Teaching of Architectural Design and Basic Design Courses Case Study: College of Architecture at JUST, Jordan.” Ain Shams Engineering Journal, 12(2), 2345-2353.
- Ibrahim, Anwar, Hikmat H. Ali, & Walaa Alqara. 2020. “The effect of installed photovoltaic panels on the aesthetic perception and evaluation of the mosque architectural form in Jordan.” Open House International.
- Ibrahim, Anwar; and Hikmat Ali. 2020. “Integrating Sustainability and Renewable Energy Systems with Architecture Form and Urban Design: Greening the Central District of Irbid, Jordan.” Sayigh A. (eds) Renewable Energy and Sustainable Buildings, 609–21. Springer.
- Ibrahim, Anwar; Hikmat H. Ali, Fadeelah Abuhendi & Suha Jaradat. 2019. ”Thermal Seasonal Variation and Occupants’ Spatial Behaviour in Domestic Spaces.” Building Research and Information, 48(4), 364-378.
- Ibrahim, Anwar, Hikmat Ali, Aroub Zghoul, and Suha Jaradat. 2019. “Mood State and Human Evaluation of the Thermal Environment Using Virtual Settings.” Indoor and Built Environment, 30.1 (2021): 70-86.
- Abu-Obeid, N., Anwar Ibrahim,& Kahled Al Sallal, K. 2008. “The effect of consistency between type and style on evaluative responses to mosque and non-religious buildings.” Architectural Science Review, 51: 2, pp. 153-164.
- Ibrahim, Anwar, Natheer Abu Obeid & Fayez Al-Simadi, F. 2002. “The Effect Of Personality Traits On Architectural Aesthetics’ Evaluation: Familiar and Non-Familiar Environments as Evaluated by Architectural and Non-Architectural Students.” Architectural Science Review, 45: 3, pp. 197-210.
- Abu Obeid, Natheer & Anwar Ibrahim. 2002. The Effect of Dormitory Type and Room View on the Perceptions of Privacy and Territoriality by Female Residents.” Architectural Science Review, 45: 3, pp. 231-241.
- Ibrahim, Anwar; Hikmat H. Ali & Razan Rashid. 2019. “Economic study of designing nearly zero energy houses in the desert region of jordan.” 7th Annual International Conference on Architecture and Civil Engineering (ACE2019), Singapore.
- Ibrahim, Anwar, Suha Jaradat & Maram Alatoom. 2019. “Architectural design studio environment and student satisfaction, case studies of Jordanian universities.” Proceedings of the Eight International Congress of Architectural Technology, ICAT 2019; UCL University College, Denmark.
- Ali, Hikmat H, Anwar Ibrahim & Wala’a Al-Qarra, 2019. “Evaluation study on the installed photovoltaic panels and their effect on the aesthetic perception and evaluation of mosque architecture in Amman; Looking for Integrated Solutions.” The second International Conference on Mosque Architecture, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Ibrahim, Anwar; Hikmat. H Ali. 2017. “Factors Affecting Energy Consumption patterns of dwellings in three different geographic regions in Jordan” 5th Annual International Conference on Architecture and Civil Engineering (ACE2017), Singapore.
- Abu Obeid, Natheer & Anwar Ibrahim. 1999. “The Effect of personality traits on the perception of architectural environment.” Proceedings Of 30th Annual Conference of the Environmental Design Research Association, Orlando (EDRA), Florida, USA.
- Theory of Architecture 1
- Architecture Design 5
- Architecture Criticism
- Introduction to commercial and office design.