Dr. Wadea Ameen
Dr. Wadea is an Assistant Professor in the faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Industrial Engineering Department, University of Alyamamah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He earned MSc and Ph.D. degrees from King Saud University, Saudi Arabia. He also worked as a researcher in the Advanced manufacturing institute (AMI) and teaching assistant in the Industrial Engineering Department at King Saud University during his studies. Dr. Wadea has a patent from the USA office of patents and innovation as well as he has published more than 28 papers in international journals and participated in many local and international conferences.
Awards and Honors
Dr. Wadea Ameen has the honor to receive several awards during his study:
- Excellent Student Award - First prize for Academic Year 2018- College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Awarded 1st Rank (Innovations branch), 8th Students’ Scientific Symposium of KSU (2017/2018) by King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Awarded 1st Rank (Medical applied branch), 10th Students’ Scientific Symposium of KSU (2018/2019) by King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Best Track Paper Award (industrial and manufacturing), First GCC International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, 2019, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Amro Fayez Al-Habib, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Wadea Ameen, Lumbar spine pedicle screw guide, US9814497B1, 2017-11-14.
- Wadea Ameen, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, and Muneer Khan Mohammed. " Evaluation of Support Structure Removability for Additively Manufactured Ti6Al4V Overhangs via Electron Beam Melting”, Metals 9(11), 1211.
- Khaja Moiduddin , Syed Hammad Mian, Usama Umer, Naveed Ahmed, Hisham Alkhalefah, and Wadea Ameen “Reconstruction of Complex Zygomatic Bone Defects Using Mirroring Coupled with EBM Fabrication of Titanium Implant”, Metals, 9(12), 1250.
- Mohammed A. H. Ali 1, Musa Mailah, Waheb A. Jabbar, Khaja Moiduddin, Wadea Ameen, and Hisham Alkhalefah. “Autonomous Road Roundabout Detection and Navigation System for Smart Vehicles and Cities Using Laser Simulator–Fuzzy Logic Algorithms and Sensor Fusion” Sensors, 1 July 2020.
- Khaja Moiduddin, Syed Hammad Mian, Naveed Ahmed, Wadea Ameen, Hisham Alkhalefah, Muneer Khan Mohammed, Usama Umer, and “Integrative and multi-disciplinary framework for the 3D rehabilitation of larg mandibular defects”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2020.
- Usama Umer*, Wadea Ameen*, Mustufa Haider Abidi, Khaja Moiduddin, Hisham Alkhalefah, Mohammed Alkahtani, and Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari. "Modeling the Effect of Different Support Structures in Electron Beam Melting of Titanium Alloy Using Finite Element Models." Metals 9.7 (2019): 806.
- Wadea Ameen, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, and Muneer Khan Mohammed. "Self-supporting overhang structures produced by additive manufacturing through electron beam melting." The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (2019): 1-18.
- Mustufa Haider, Abidi, Abdulrahman Al-AhmariAli, Ali Ahmed, Wadea Ameen, Hisham Alkhalefah. (2019). Assessment of virtual reality-based manufacturing assembly training system. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 1-17.
- Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Mohammed Ashfaq and Syed Hammad Mian, Wadea Ameen “Evaluation of additive manufacturing technologies for dimensional and geometric accuracy”, International Journal of Materials and Product Technology, 58, Nos. 2/3, 2019.
- Osama Abdulhameed, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Wadea Ameen, and Syed Hammad Mian, “Additive manufacturing: Challenges, trends, and applications”, Vol. 11(2) 1–27,2019.
- Ameen, W., Al-Ahmari, A., Mohammed, M. K., Abdulhameed, O., Umer, U., & Moiduddin, K. (2018). Design, finite element analysis (FEA), and fabrication of custom titanium alloy cranial implant using electron beam melting additive manufacturing. Advances In Production Engineering & Management, 13(3), 267-278.
- Wadea Ameen, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Muneer Khan Mohammed, and Syed Hammad (2018). "Manufacturability of Overhanging Holes Using Electron Beam Melting." Metals (2075-4701) 8, no. 6.
- Wadea Ameen, Atef M. Ghaleb, Moath Alatefi, Hisham Alkhalefah, and Abdulrahman Alahmari. "An overview of selective laser sintering and melting research using bibliometric indicators." Virtual and Physical Prototyping 13, no. 4 (2018): 282-291.
- Asma’a, A., Sara A. Alfadda, Wadea Ameen, Romed Hörmann, Wolfgang Puelacher, and Gerlig Widmann. "Accuracy of computer-aided design models of the jaws produced using ultra-low MDCT doses and ASIR and MBIR." International journal of computer-assisted radiology and surgery (2018): 1-8.
- Osama Abdulhameed, Abdurahman Mushabab Al-Ahmari, Wadea Ameen, & Syed Hammad Mian. Novel dynamic CAPP system for hybrid additive–subtractive–inspection process. Rapid Prototyping Journal. Volume 24 · Number 6 · 2018 · 988–1002.
- Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Wadea Ameen, Mustufa Haider Abidi, Syed Hammad Mian ” Evaluation of 3D printing approach for manual assembly training ”, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 2018,66,57-62.
- Wadea Ameen, Abdulrahman M. Al-Ahmari and Syed Hammad Mian,” Evaluation of Handheld Scanners for Automotive Applications”, applied sciences journal, 2018, 8, 217.
- Khaja Moiduddin, Saied Darwish, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Sherif ElWatidy, Ashfaq Mohammad, Wadea Ameen “Structural and mechanical characterization of custom design cranial implant created using additive manufacturing” Electronic Journal of Biotechnology, v 29, p 22–31, 2017.
- Mustufa H. Abidi, Abdulrahman M. Al-Ahmari, Ali Ahmad, Saber Darmoul, and Wadea Ameen. “Semi-Immersive Virtual Turbine Engine Simulation System” International Journal of Turbo Jet-Engine.
- Wadea Ameen, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, Hisham Alkhalefah, “Design the support structures for easy removal of un-melted powder in metal additive manufacturing”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 2020.
- Wadea Ameen, M. Alsamhan, S. M. Darwish, Design a single overlap support plate for bonded and weld-bonded T-peel joints, International Journal of Design Engineering,(2019).
- Wadea Ameen, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari, and Osama Abdulhameed. (2019). Design for Metal Additive Manufacturing: An Investigation of Key Design Application on Electron Beam Melting, International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Vol:13, No:4.
- Wadea Ameen, A.M. Alsamhan, S.M. Darwish, “ Effect of overlap support characteristics on peel strength of weld-bonded joints”, International Journal of Experimental Design and Process Optimisation, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2019.
- Wadea Ameen, MohammedAlKahtani, Muneer KhanMohammed, OsamaAbdulhameed, Abdulaziz Mohammed El-Tamimi, "Investigation of the effect of buffer storage capacity and repair rate on production line efficiency." Journal of King Saud University-Engineering Sciences (2018).
- W Ameen, S M Darwish and A AlSamhan “Towards enhancing peel strength of adhesively bonded joints” IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 87 (2015) 012004.
- Wadea Ameen, S.M. Darwish & A.A. Mohamed "Improving The Strength Of adhesively Bonded T-Peel Joints" Pinnacle Engineering & Technology ISSN: 2360-9508, Vol. 3 (4), 2015, Article ID pet_198, 716-723, 2015.
- Wadea Ameen “Multi-Agent Systems in Concurrent and Collaborative Engineering: A Review”, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations ManagementAt: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia November 26-28, 2019.
- Wadea Ameen, Syed Hammad Mian, Hisham Alkhalefah, “Design the support structures for fused deposition modeling 3D printing”, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations ManagementAt: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia November 26-28, 2019.
- Wadea Ameen, Mohammed AlKahtani, Muneer Khan Mohammed, Osama Abdulhameeda, Abdulaziz Mohammed El-Tamimi, “ Developing a simulation model to evaluate the effect of inter-stage buffer storage on production line efficiency”, International Engineering Conference & Exhibition(IECE), 4-7 December 2017, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Al-Ekrish, S. Alfadda, Ameen, R. Hörmann, W. Puelacher, G. Widmann.“ Effect of ultra-low MDCT doses and ASIR and MBIR on accuracy of CAD models of the jaws”, 30th International Congress and Exhibition on Computer Assisted Radiology (CAR), June 21-26,2016, Heidelberg, Germany.
- A. M. Qaid, A. M. Alsamhan, S. M. Darwish,” Optimization of T-peel Support Properties (Material and Thickness), 2nd International Conf. on Structure Adhesive Bonding, College of Engineering, University of Porto, Portugal, July 4-5, 2013.
- Ali Ahmad. Saber DARMOUL.Wadea AMEEN. Mustufa H. ABIDI. Abdulrahman M. AL-AHMARI “ Rapid Prototyping for Assembly Training and Validation ” submitted to IFAC Symposium on Information Control in Manufacturing (INCOM 2015) conference in Ottawa, Canada.
- IEG-341 Manufacturing Processes-1
- IEG-312 Operations Management -2
- IEG-201 Introduction to Engineering Design
Spring - 2021
- IEG-342 Manufacturing Processes-2
- IEG-312 Operations Management -2
- IEG-303 Quality Control