Ms. Madiha Rafaqat
Lecturer of Industrial Engineering
Ms. Madiha Rafaqat completed her BSc Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering (2007 – 2011) from the University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore – Pakistan. She earned MSc Manufacturing Engineering (2018 – 2020) from the same university (UET, Lahore). She served, as a lecturer for 5 years, in Princess Noura Bin Abdulrahman University (PNU), Riyadh – Saudi Arabia. In 2016, she was awarded with the certificate of appreciation from PNU based on her outstanding performance. Currently, she is a lecturer of Industrial Engineering Department (IED), College of Engineering and Architecture (COEA), Al Yamamah University, Riyadh – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Ms. Madiha has published several research papers in ISI journals in the field of Manufacturing Engineering. Her main research interests are: Manufacturing and Machining. Her teaching interests include the areas of Materials & Manufacturing Processes, Metrology & Quality Assurance, Project Management, and Business Communication.
- Rafaqat, M.; Mufti, N.A.; Ahmed, N.; Alahmari, A.M.; Hussain, A. EDM of D2 Steel: Performance Comparison of EDM Die Sinking Electrode Designs. Applied Sciences 2020, 10, 7411, doi:10.3390/app10217411.
- Ahmed, N.; Naeem, M.A.; Rehman, A.U.; Rafaqat, M.; Umer, U.; Ragab, A.E. High Aspect Ratio Thin-Walled Structures in D2 Steel through Wire Electric Discharge Machining (EDM). Micromachines 2021, 12, 1, doi:10.3390/mi12010001.
- Ahmad Mufti, N.; Rafaqat, M.; Ahmed, N.; Qaiser Saleem, M.; Hussain, A.; Al-Ahamri, A.M. Improving the Performance of EDM through Relief-Angled Tool Designs. Applied Sciences 2020, 10, 2432, doi:10.3390/app10072432.
- Ahmed, N.; Pervaiz, S.; Ahmad, S.; Rafaqat, M.; Hassan, A.; Zaindin, M. LBM of Aluminum Alloy: Towards a Control of Material Removal and Roughness. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 2019, 105, 1901–1915, doi:10.1007/s00170-019-04365-y.
- Ahmed, N.; Ahmad, S.; Anwar, S.; Hussain, A.; Rafaqat, M.; Zaindin, M. Machinability of Titanium Alloy through Laser Machining: Material Removal and Surface Roughness Analysis. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 2019, 105, 3303–3323, doi:10.1007/s00170-019-04564-7.
- Ahmed, N.; Anwar, S.; Ishfaq, K.; Rafaqat, M.; Saleh, M.; Ahmad, S. The Potentiality of Sinking EDM for Micro-Impressions on Ti-6Al-4V: Keeping the Geometrical Errors (Axial and Radial) and Other Machining Measures (Tool Erosion and Work Roughness) at Minimum. Scientific Reports 2019, 9, 1–18, doi:10.1038/s41598-019-52855-6.
- Ahmed, N.; Rafaqat, M.; Pervaiz, S.; Umer, U.; Alkhalefa, H.; Shar, M.A.; Mian, S.H. Controlling the Material Removal and Roughness of Inconel 718 in Laser Machining. Materials and Manufacturing Processes 2019, 34, 1169–1181, doi:10.1080/10426914.2019.1615082.
- Ahmed, N.; Ishfaq, K.; Rafaqat, M.; Pervaiz, S.; Anwar, S.; Salah, B. EDM of Ti-6Al-4V: Electrode and Polarity Selection for Minimum Tool Wear Rate and Overcut. Materials and Manufacturing Processes 2019, 34, 769–778, doi:10.1080/10426914.2019.1594278.
- Ahmed, N.; Rafaqat, M.; Ishfaq, K.; Ur Rehman, A.; Hassan, A.; Umer, U.; Ragab, A.E.; Al-Zabidi, A. Comparison of Laser Milling Performance against Difficult-To-Cut Alloys: Parametric Significance, Modeling and Optimization for Targeted Material Removal. Materials 2019, 12, 1674, doi:10.3390/ma12101674.
- Abdullah, F.; Al-Ahmari, A.; Darwish, S.; Rafaqat, M. Applications of Nanoparticles via Laser Ablation in Liquids: A Review.; Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Bangkok, Thailand, March 5-7, 2019.
- IEG 303 Quality Control
- IEG 351 Manufacturing Systems
- IEG 332 Work Design and Analysis
- Lecturer at Princess Noura Bint Abdulrahman University (PNU), Riyadh – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (2012-2016)
- Member of IE department council, Al Yamamah University.